Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 2 - Monday 13th January 2014

Monday 13th January 2014

Well the day has arrived and my first official weigh-in...and here is the result



That is a weight loss of 4.9 Kg or 10 Lb in week 1. Of course a lot of this will be water content but the real indicators are the other readings from the scales..BMI, Body Fat %, Body Water %.

BMI - down 2%
Fat - down 3.6%
Water - up 7.5%

A long way to go before targets reached but it is a motivating start. The other area that I am monitoring are a number of body measurements as it is amazing from where weight is lost. Quick snapshot.


You may note that I have not included one appendage in the measurements as I really hope that this does not get smaller LOL

It really is the small things that make a difference. On Saturday I visited a shopping arcade and the shop I needed was on the first floor. Rather than taking the elevator I took the stairs and this was almost without thinking.

First day of pure protein & veg today so I have got a small salad (no dressing) to go with my protein at lunch and then I will have some broccoli with my chicken tonight.

Need to be really forward thinking this week. On Thursday I will drive to Calais from Bonn after work, stay in a hotel & then drive to Worcester early on Friday morning. This means that I will need to take lunch, dinner & breakfast with me. If you do not plan then you can easily be led into temptation by arriving at a hotel having had nothing to eat and not being able to find any suitable food. This links to the 7 P's P**s poor planning prevents p**s poor performance - performance being continued weight loss.

Major accident on the way home from work tonight so I did not get back until 8.45pm. I needed to have my dinner and it would have just been too late if I had gone out for my 'run' so I had to skip it this evening but I did feel guilty.

Confidence Tip: One gets accustomed to being considered a 'fat slob'! Not only do you need to manage your eating, drinking & exercise routines but I think you need to change your mindset. Last weekend I shaved on Saturday and Sunday which is very unusual. I walk around the office with my blazer on (which I can do up now), stand upright & have purposeful strides. Just these things alone bring me confidence and I am starting to think, I look good - even though there is a long way to go. People will notice it as well.

4 comments:

  1. Great tips David, especially on the self esteem

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, it gets bigger, in percentage terms at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really awesome. Is that your own excel graph, or something the Dukan site provides?

    ReplyDelete