Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Been so busy at work today that had no time to really think about much. A lot of congratulations for the 10lb that I lost last week. I had a personal message on my kitchen table this morning. It read "Dear, David, thank you for giving me less work. Love, your heart". We may be a bit glib about 10lb but this is what I not carrying anymore after 1 week.



Think about carrying this around 24x7 - it is a lot of effort.

Slight disappointment that my weight was static this morning but this is all due to expectations. On many other diets, my weight has stayed the same or even increased. If I carry on with my routine - diet & exercise I am absolutely convinced that all my targets will be reached.

I mentioned reaching my first milestone yesterday. I think you need to have a large number of milestones on a long "project" like this so you can celebrate successes on route - although not with champagne. This is no different when I am managing a large programme at work; you need to have milestones to check your progress.

There are 3 things that I have realised today.


  1. I am not alcohol dependent! 
  2. My body responds well to a proper diet
  3. Fad diets will not work in the long term
Whilst out running tonight I started to see snow flakes in my running headlight. Luckily it did not develop & even more so it has been a very mild winter so far so outside exercise has not been thwarted.

I mentioned medical conditions and this is one that I really hope I can get sorted out. I have got an umbilical hernia (A hernia occurs when an internal part of the body pushes through a weakness in the muscle or surrounding tissue wall) and it sticks out like a nose from my tummy button. When I was on holiday in Spain the children stared at it as they walked passed me so we have a bit of fun and added eyes and a mouth to it which got even more stares LOL. Losing weight will not repair it but it will make it safer for me to have a general anesthetic to get it repaired.



Now planning for my trip back to the UK tomorrow night & the 4 meals I will need to prepare at breakfast to cover the 36 hours ahead. Looking forward to seeing all the family but will need to be really strong-willed to not be tempted by anything at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment