Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday 27th January 2014

Well I was gutted this morning. The scales only showed 0.9 kg drop in a week with all my other readings dramatically slowing down. Partly my disappointment is down to expectations as my weight loss has been so dramatic since the start. I guess my body is getting used to being deprived of fat & sugars so it is resisting slightly. Also last week I hurt my back slightly and could not do my run for three nights and I had to miss my lunch twice which does not work as one would expect - you need to feed in the proteins. However, as my wife said to me if I lose 1 kg per week this would equate to 3.5 stone still lost by the time we go to Tunisia on our summer holiday.

Anyway here are the readings:

  • Weight - 129.3 Kg - down 0.9 Kg in third week
  • BMI - 41.8 - down 0.2 in third week (End target - 25)
  • Body fat % - 60.7 - down 0.1 in second week (End target - 25)
  • Body water % - 28 - up 0.1 in second week (End target - 55)



The good news is that there is still drops happening from all my measurements and I hope, as my sister-in-law says, that maybe the fat is being converted to muscle although I would expect to see this reflected in my BMI measurement.

I also think this shows the absolute importance of exercise coupled with a diet. By missing my run for 3 nights I am sure impacted on my rates.

Anyway, enough about statistics & readings - this weekend I stayed in Germany so had plenty of time for activities. Went to the swimming pool on Saturday and decided to join in with the pool fitness class even though I was about 20 years younger than any other participant. The lesson ended up with having to hold the hand of a partner and doing a waltz in the water. She was talking to me a lot in German and I had to tell her that I did not speak very much. I feigned it well as I am sure she was asking me out for a drink LOL.

Also discovered that there is a golf driving range only 300M from my apartment - I have not really played a lot of golf in the last 7 years as even the driving range in Belgium cost a fortune. Have to admit that I was very pleased with the way that I hit the balls and for my first 47 out of 50 had about a 98% success rate. Then the golf pro came and stood in the bay next to me and my last three shots were abysmal - pressure.

I have to admit that my hernia even causes the adults to stare at it when I went into the pool/spa/sauna at the weekend - the problem is that now I am starting to lose some weight from my stomach it is becoming even more pronounced! 

I guess they have all watched Alien with Sigourney Weaver (no, not that part) and think that there is an alien in my stomach trying to get out.


Anyway this is number one on my priorities to get fixed.

Whilst it is obviously sad to be apart from the family during the week it means that my wife does not have to suffer with all the fish I eat as she hates it. Mackerel, crab & prawns on Sunday! 

Also be glad to get my new exercise bike as it was very cold & unpleasant running last night & I did not see one other person which is not normal. 

Anyway onwards & upwards - have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment