Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 5

Friday 10th January 2014

Slight disappointment on the scales this morning as there was a slight rise, not through eating/drinking anything wrong but maybe (hoping) a slight metabolic blip! To be honest one should not step on the scales everyday as you are more likely to have a pleasant surprise through a weekly weigh-in but in week 1 it is quite exciting.

Was quite excited to find that this blog had been cross-referenced in the Customer Service People weekly newsletter; my job is heavily (LOL) involved in Customer Service technology solutions.

I had the first observation that I had lost some weight, from my HR Director no less!

The sponsorship keeps on coming in and I have now raised nearly three times my initial target through online donations & offline pledges Sponsorship Link - thank you so much everybody.

This is quite a nice little device that we were given at work but I am sure can be purchased relatively cheaply. It is a pedometer basically which shows step count, miles walked & calories consumed based on your initial input information. It is amazing how the distance builds up over the day, especially if you use the stairs and how many calories you can lose through natural exercise.



Rather than writing each day my diet from now on as it will be quite repetitive I will make core observations. All the allowed foods on the Dukan Diet can be found on their website Dukan Diet
They say that eating fish is meant to 'improve intelligence' so I reckon that by the end of this diet, Einstein's IQ will be way below mine LOL.

The first evening of the weekend 'home-alone' and still feeling very motivated. Positive encouragement from my wife and brothers gives me moral support.

1 1/2 hours of exercise this evening including 15 seconds of planking - I think I will rename it to 'sheer hell' though.

Food Tip - this is far easier if you live alone or do not have to feed children but I have removed all bad (not-allowed) items from the house now. Not that I have yet been tempted but just in case!

As internet access is more limited at the weekend I will share my weekend blog on Monday so to all my readers, have a great weekend, and if you are trying to do the same as me....stay motivated & 'Bon chance' as they say in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment