Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 3

Wednesday 8th January - 2014

Got a better night's sleep last night although having just gone to bed I realized that I needed to submit my online progress report to the team at www.dukandiet.co.uk so had to get up and complete before retiring again. I really did feel refreshed waking up this morning and this is most probably due to the fact that whilst alcohol can make you fall asleep quicker, one does not get a good quality of sleep. Also whilst driving to work I had to take evasive action to avoid a head-on collision with a car that was overtaking illegally; I think if I had imbibed the night previously then my reactions would not have been so fast.

I know that a lot of people complain that they are so busy at work that they do not have enough time to do any exercise - been there, done it. It may be more of a challenge to get to a gym regularly but there are certain small steps you can take during your every day working routine that will help. This morning I walked up 62 stairs from our reception to my office. I was slightly out of breath when I reached the top but made a relatively quick recovery. This will be a good benchmark to see how I progress with my fitness as I lose weight.

I have been thinking about some of the harder challenges that I will face in the future. My role at work involves a lot of travel in Europe and also globally. Just before Christmas I spent 10 days in Pune, India as a key customer to one of my suppliers. The guys wanted to entertain me every evening as well as staying in a six star hotel with a wonderful buffet breakfast and a special VIP dining room where there was a choice of 5 different curries for lunch - I do not dare to think how much weight I added during those 10 days!


Luckily for me in the first quarter of the year we have a travel freeze to protect our revenue so the temptation will not be there. However the time will come when I need to travel again and this is the time that I will need to be very prepared and also strong-willed. Luckily at that stage there will be Protein-Vegetable (PV) days and I think that I can get most restaurants to cook me a steak/fish with veg/salad but NO sauce or dressings!

With the combination of allowed foods you can certainly create some tasty meals, lunch included prawn, cottage cheese & chives - it was yummy & filling.

Appetizing Lunch



Felt a little hungry mid-afternoon so I have 6 slices of extra lean ham. The good thing with this diet is that you are not restricted to a daily calorie intake providing you religiously stick to the allowed foods - as this is a protein week it has to be a protein based food with less than 2% fat content.

A much drier evening although a bit cooler so the 4K walk was very pleasant, followed by 15 minutes of light weights. A lot of people are put off going to the gym because of the monthly cost and contractual commitment as well as potentially being laughed at by others. Personally I do not think you need to go to a gym (unless you want to be into serious body-building, maybe later LOL), as the equipment you need is mainly around your house...the walk outside, the steps etc. However I did buy a dumb-bell set which would allow me to keep toned. Not an expensive addition, the set below cost me £37 at http://www.amazon.co.uk/York-20kg-Cast-Iron-Dumbbell/dp/B000N3T0VE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389253956&sr=8-2&keywords=dumbell+sets



Spent the rest of the evening reading and listening to the radio but 100% not missing a glass of wine!

Food during the day

Breakfast

Special porridge
Mackerel fillet
Low fat cream cheese with chives
Coffee

Lunch

As per picture, low fat cottage cheese with chives and a pack of prawns

Snack 

6 slices of extra lean ham

Dinner

2 chicken breasts in my own marinade
Low fat yoghurt

Tip of the day #2

One of the problems of dramatic weight loss is loose skin. When I am driving to work I exercise my jaw and chin which hopefully will let me get rid of my double/triple chin and keep the skin toned when I do lose the weight. I grit my teeth together, pull my lips out as far as they will go, dip my chin to my chest and and then lift my chin up as far as it will go. I repeat this 20 times. I do get strange looks from other drivers though LOL

Please Note. A lot of the slimming & exercise tips that I share can be found on www.dukandiet.co.uk so I am using the ones that I utilize in my regime.


No comments:

Post a Comment